Saturday, March 29, 2014

Becoming an Education Blogger

I have contemplated blogging for a while now. I am incredibly passionate about education and my students, but always convince myself that I simply do not have the time to devote to blogging. Now, the more I see other educators who are confused, discouraged, or feeling unsure I realize that for a few minutes of my time I can provide some solace and examples that may help them. At the very least, I hope to provide a place to find great ideas, resources, and some educator humor that inevitably arises throughout the days.

I am by no means an expert in education. In fact, I am a fairly new teacher. Perhaps it is my lack of experience that has me as positive about education as I feel that I am. If that is what it is, I hope to always have the mentality of the "new teacher". I hope that I do not get caught up in any future curriculum changes and that I maintain the positive belief that I can change the lives of my students and impact their brains, their future, and their attitudes.

I love to create materials and activities for my classroom. I will post links to my Teachers Pay Teachers store and provide FREEBIES at times. All activities that I create are geared toward the 5th grade Common Core Standards and/or the Georgia Performance Standards. I have a great time creating these things and usually my students enjoy completing them. I say usually because I do teach 5th grade after all. They can be a fickle bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment