Friday, April 4, 2014

Fun Decimal Operation Review

I am very excited to return to school next week! I just can't seem to stop my brain from working this Spring Break and I have created a number of new activities for my students. I also have developed quite the list in my Idea Book (see a future post about this) for new activities that I would like to develop. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am working with my students to ensure that they are well-prepared for their CRCT assessments. I am doing my best to not give into having my students do a paper-factory's worth of practice tests. It is a struggle as this is my first year at my current school and you never want to "rock the boat", but it is most definitely not what I believe in. Instead my class will be returning to school on Monday with a fun twist and variation of some common games. I am in the final stages of creating the fun and engaging documents that will help other teachers enact these games, but have finished a couple of them.

We studied place value and decimals waaaay back in the beginning of the year. I use a lot of centers and menus within my math class so we never really stop working on any of the concepts. Spiral review is huge in my classroom, but the week we return will consist of a lot of academic review games while I work in small groups to focus on one skill per day. One of my favorites is a review on Decimal Operations.
This activity is available on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store for only $2.99 right now! A great deal for an activity that is a lot of fun for those students who like a challenge. A great, hands-on way to incorporate learning and/or reviewing decimal operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment